Many of our clients have never interviewed online before , and just like our candidates , are new to this way of interacting – we’re all experts on Zoom now and most of us have even partied on Zoom, but holding an interview for a potential remote member of the team – now that’s a whole other ball game.
It goes without saying that you will need to chat about the skills, competencies and experience of the individual, but what about their fit as a remote team player?
Here are 20 questions to ask in a Remote Interview that will help you determine whether your interviewee is predisposed to remote or part remote working…
- How do you structure your day when you work remotely?
- Rate your tech savvy-ness from 1 to 10
- How did you find working during Covid-19?
- What communication tools are you comfortable with in a remote work environment – can you give me examples?
- How do you schedule your day? Calendars? Project Management tools do you use?
- Would you describe yourself as self motivated – give us some examples?
- What skills make a great remote worker?
- How would you set up a meeting online – what is best practice in your opinion?
- How do you look after yourself when you work remotely?
- Do you like working on a team?
- What does work/life balance look like to you?
- Have you worked remotely before? What did you like about it? What did you not like?
- In a conflict situation, how would you resolve remotely?
- What motivates you?
- How do you deal with a slump in your own productivity/motivation?
- Give us some suggestions as to how we can build rapport?
- What attracts you about our company mission?
- Why do you want to WFH or part remote?
- What does your home office look like? Can you give us a tour?
- What is your broadband speed?
Qualities you should seek out:
- Digital Communication
- Team Player
- Time Management
- Self Motivated
- Strong work ethic
- Organisational skills
- Independent problem solver
- Look for transferable skills if not worked remotely before
EmployFlex is a flexible recruitment agency and consultancy that has been working in the Remote work space for 5 years in Ireland.
Call us for a free consultation – 087 9722498
Email : email@example.com